Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sunny Thursday

It should be fairly obvious or at least known that I am currently on my winter break. It started sometime in mid December. It depends on when your finals fall and what kind of tests they are, pretty much all of mine were on the Monday of finals week; Lucky me. Any way here at USM and most Maine universities we have a break that is a little over a month. Wrapped up in the break we have the two eves and the 2 "major" holidays that are associated with said eves. So you have eve one, Christmas, and the day after where everyone is returning their sweaters and redeeming their gift cards. Then you have eve part 2 and new years and sometimes the day after 'cause we all know no one wants to remember the start of their new year.

I guess I will start to pretend that I have a point here so everyone keeps reading this thing. I worked on my holidays which I am okay with, I still got to see my family and wrestle with my little nieces whom I love very much ( they helped me open presents). On eve number 2 I worked came home early because the business at the coffee shop in Beans died right out and simply sat around. I guess the truth was I had a cold and didn't want to drink any booze but what ever. New Years I spent in a chair watching the Bruins underachieve for most of the Winter Classic, on to have 2 shots that essentially were not even on net get tipped in the goal. One happened with less that 5 minutes left and the other happened 2 minutes into overtime. Yes, I am happy with the win but I will get to my Bruins later.

So I had a lot of things planned for my month long break. Aside from working I wanted to hang out with friends, I needed to get on a serious gym routine; I went from a guy who used to do 2-a-days 5 days a week to a guy who pretty much goes 3 days a week to bi monthly and that is unacceptable. I wanted to re-read and make an outline for my Starky Book; its all about evaluation of orthopedic and athletic injuries. I wanted to figure out how I was going to stay on top of my work next semester, I have 15.5 credits plus 150 clinical hours among other things that I need do balance. I also wanted to finish a book of my choice and get on a better sleep schedule.

Progress report, I have done none of those things. Well I have hung out with friends, but the gym has been non-existent, Starky is somewhere in my backpack and itsover there closed **points to the right. I started planning a little and reading too which is good, but over all I need to step my game up.
Any way sorry for the self loathing rant, I'm still trying to feel this bear cat out.

Until Next Time

Rack Me, Now I'm Done

Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment